Sunday, September 20, 2009

Well, here goes nothing....

I have been humbled by a super-achieving daughter and wife. Familiar with the phrase of having married over my head, I appear to have parented over my head also. And now here come Emma and Aiden- my grandchildren, the latest addition to my posse of achievers. They are the generation of the new millenia, they will grow up wanting for nothing, and will never even been aware of a time without smartphones, the internet, or In and Out burgers. I invite you to come back with me (and them) in time, to a place they called the 50's and then the 60's (sorry Paul), a place I will show to them in this blog so that they can see and experience how their grandparents grew up. A place that our generation of baby-boomers were nestled and nurtured to grow in spite of the bomb, missles in Cuba, and hula-hoops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment